It’s this time of the year again. The time to take a moment and reflect on the professional achievements and learnings of the past year.
So, without further ado, here we go:
- I had the opportunity to take a coaching role having regular office hours with (potential) Product Owners on while working at ORBIT. It was a great experience for me and showed me that ‘building people’ is almost as thrilling to me as ‘building products’ is.
- Nevertheless, after reflecting on my work in a consultancy after 13 months, I decided to leave ORBIT…
- …and join Iridion as its Director to lead the overall efforts around product, sales, and marketing. In addition to working on ‘my own’ product again, factors, like setting up a fully distributed team and spending more time with my family, played into that decision.
- I managed to follow-through on my personal learning goal to get back into public speaking.
- As a side effect, I attended as many conferences like never before within one year. Next to my speaking engagements at Working Products, Productized and Product Management Festival, I of course had to attend the first edition of the Mind the Product Engage Conference in Hamburg.
- And: I managed to send out my weekly newsletter for product managers and business leaders consistently every week (except for the planned holiday hiatus) to my subscribers. Something I’m very happy to have pulled-off.
See you in 2018. Let’s make the most out of it!