Can you believe it’s already the end of 2016? In a couple of days, we’re about to celebrate 2017 and boy has this year been a ride…Let’s take a (non-chronological) look at what’s behind:
- First and foremost, I became a dad. Describing this experience would break all formatting space of this newsletter. Which is why I’ll just summarize it this way: WOW!
- l decided to leave my job at XING after working with a bunch of incredibly talented people after 2,5 years. It wasn’t an easy decision but…
- …it led me to join ORBIT! So far, I can’t believe how much we’ve been able to learn and achieve as a team in such a short period of time. I can’t wait for what we’re gonna pull off in the future!
- On the same note, I not only gained awesome people in a professional sense, but also found incredibly like-minded people in Sven, Johann and Jan on a personal level to have fun with – Thanks for having me, guys!
- Related to that, I actually found myself in the longest period of not working since I basically started my internship at eprofessional in 2010 – And instead spending an incredible amount of quality time with the little one and my better half.
- I actually found quite a nice format and rhythm for this newsletter and which also is seemingly rewarded with an increasing number of subscribers and engagement. Considering that I’m sending a regular-ish newsletter since 2 years or so, it’s nice to see this is developing into something sustainable.
- We decided to leave our trusted central neighborhood in Hamburg and moved a bit more to the north of this lovely city. While space and accessibility were our main triggers, having more nature around us and offering Jannis a more playful environment to grow up in were nice ‘side effects’.
- With the help of Tim, I’ve been able to pick-up a regular schedule for Productish. Pretty happy with our format and the topics we’ve discussed so far.
- I managed to publish my by far most successful blog post on Product Discovery. Which also boosted my motivation for more creative writing around product management a lot.
- I decided to get back into public speaking about product-related topics and submitted a proposal for the ‘Working Products‘ in Hamburg – Maybe you wanna join me? Let’s see where this can get from there…
- I had my first actual cycling vacation with Robert in the very north of Germany. We had a lot of fun, despite unsteady weather conditions. I really hope to repeat that in warmer conditions and with Friedrich by our side over the course of 2017.
See you in 2017. Let’s make it a good one!